What am I thinking?

>> Friday, May 6, 2011

What, What am I thinking?

Ever wonder if you can figure God out? The Holy Spirit who is our teacher just revealed to me that I am constantly trying to figure God out. I guess if I had a defense, I would say, “But God…I am so excited to know what you will do next!” Or, I’m sure at times its because I like to know where I am going, when I am getting there and how I’d beeee getting there, yano? Kinda like, “Are we there yet, Lord?” (As a parent, I hate when my kids ask me that!)

Regardless of my excuses…and I have many, it is sin. I will tell you why. When we start “thinking” anything, most of what we “think” on is how we would like to see it unravel. The difference in us “thinking” and the “thought” of what God wants us to do is this, Pr 16:3 ¶ Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established. Big difference huh! Who establishes our thoughts? The Lord does establish our thoughts after we have committed our works unto Him.

Excuses are just a really nice word wrapped up to cover up, I am running ahead of God or I know what God wants. I have caught myself saying that numerous times. Although my thoughts have been established and I have moved out knowing God told me so at times, more often than not I still get hung up in the excitement of “telling” or “thinking” what God “really” wants or needs.
I wonder if I am the only one who “thinks” like this.

Things aren’t always what they appear to be. I want to be careful that I do not mix my motive or agenda in the “thoughts” that I believe God desires of me. Now if I am dead to self, and yielding…decreasing there’s a good probability that I may just be in the will of God.

I opened to Job 39 this morning, may I share… In this chapter God appears to be trying to get Job to understand how little he knows and to yield to the sovereignty of God! Ummm thus why I write this morning as God is working on me, continuingly that I may be transformed a little more in His image. Job realized "What am I thinking" also and it stopped him in his tracks. The reality that we make ourselves bigger than God at times is sobbering.

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. (Psalms 23:1-6 KJV)

Resting at the feet of Jesus is not laziness, but honor and obedience, let us not let anyone tell us differently. When God wants to get alone with us, let us just bask in His presence without a care in the world…He loves us so much and wants our undivided attention. It is not about what is next, but what is now. What was I thinking?

This Psalm is a healing balm to our soul, however notice it comes in steps or stages. We cannot skip the steps! As I go through life, may I constantly be desperate for Jesus, understand the splendor of His ways and trust that on God’s timetable and in His perfect will He will do what is best for me regardless of what I “think.”

What is it that we think on? What is it we try to obtain? Are we manipulating God? Most of us would think we arent or dont but at times we do. We must admit our sin, confess it, repent, and turn from wrong thinking.

I write this past week with a final thought coming monday of how God has used all four of these little ramblings to discover an important step in our christian walk. It will hopefully be up for Monday...sorry to make you wait.

God, I confess I have sinned against you in my thinking, I repent and ask for forgiveness and ask you to continually show me where I am in error. Thank you for loving me and restoring me. I desire you to take my thoughts and make them yours. I commit myself unto you, I desire you more than silver or gold! I am intentional to tear down every thought captive into your obedience and seek you more and more. I am desperate for you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Our Mission

Isa 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;


a non-profit organization for women.


Copyright Info

All of the written content herein belongs exclusively to Whole Heart Ministries, Inc. and may not be copied or reproduced without the express written consent of Whole Heart Ministries, Inc.

Come visit our website... www.wholeheartministry.org

Share Faith, Receive Grace, Experience Freedom

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP