2012 FORTIFY YOUR FAMILIES!

>> Sunday, December 18, 2011

For the past three years I have intentionally themed our New Years approaching with tag lines:
2009 Victorious living at all cost!
2010 Is Jesus enough?
2011 Are you ignitable?
2012 God is every pressing on me to ...Fortify our families!

FORTIFY: TO MAKE STRONG, TO STRENGTHEN, AND SECURE As I sit in solitude before the Lord and allow my mind to run and wander, He allows me to get out all of those things that are pressing me. Then when I am done, I wait on Him, Lord what should I do, help me Lord are my words to Him, I cannot do anything without you and I desperately need you more and more. I hear, I am with you...Fortify...build up your family, strengthen them in me and secure them in the Word...this is the year.

Then after this, I get hit with news of dear friends...the "D" word...we love them...we have walked with them for a short period of time...we invested to fight for them and along side of them...something wasnt strong enough...something weakened and overlooked.

Lord, this can happen to anyone...anywhere...and if our walls are not strengthened within our families...if our hearts are not made strong and secure in you...if we are not fortified...we crumble and fall with the slightest attack.

Na 2:1 He that dasheth in pieces is come up before thy face: keep the munition, watch the way, make thy loins strong, fortify thy power mightily. or NLT Your enemy is coming to crush you, Nineveh. Man the ramparts! Watch the roads! Prepare your defenses! Call out your forces!

Na 3:14 Draw thee waters for the siege, fortify thy strong holds: go into clay, and tread the morter, make strong the brickkiln. or NLT Get ready for the siege! Store up water! Strengthen the defenses! Go into the pits to trample clay, and pack it into molds, making bricks to repair the walls.

The call is made...we know not what lays on the other side of our tomorrow, let alone our New Year. If reading our Bible's, reaching out for God's counsel, fasting, praying where like a brick, that we can say we add everytime we engage with God that we are building a wall of protection...how big would our fortresses be?

May we walk into our New Year being intentional...devoted...loyal...in our partnership with Jesus Christ....being proactive to fortify our families.

The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him. (Nahum 1:7 KJV)Behold upon the mountains the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace! O Judah, keep thy solemn feasts, perform thy vows: for the wicked shall no more pass through thee; he is utterly cut off. (Nahum 1:15 KJV)
Labels: Morning Word
Link: Morning Word update...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Our Mission

Isa 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;


a non-profit organization for women.


Copyright Info

All of the written content herein belongs exclusively to Whole Heart Ministries, Inc. and may not be copied or reproduced without the express written consent of Whole Heart Ministries, Inc.

Come visit our website... www.wholeheartministry.org

Share Faith, Receive Grace, Experience Freedom

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP