As for God,....

>> Wednesday, May 23, 2012

GOOD MORNING!

2 Samuel 22:29-37 KJV 29 For thou art my lamp, O LORD: and the LORD will lighten my darkness. 30 For by thee I have run through a troop: by my God have I leaped over a wall. 31 As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him. 32 For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock, save our God? 33 God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect. 34 He maketh my feet like hinds' feet: and setteth me upon my high places. 35 He teacheth my hands to war; so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms. 36 Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy gentleness hath made me great. 37 Thou hast enlarged my steps under me; so that my feet did not slip.

Here is just a snippet into David's life with God! David does not brag on himself to have the power to do anything. He isnt saying look at me...I have eyes to see and I have run through a troop...I have leaped over a wall...I have gone to high places...I am a great warrior...I have enlarged my steps...I...I...I...I.

I nothing. Like the lump of clay we are with a brain, we can think we have rights to take credit for our accomplishments...Its mine...Its mine.

David understood his greatness was because the Lord was his strength and POWER, and anything he, David did was, God making his way perfect!

Let's just analyze this one verse...For by thee, I have run through a troop...A troop of men can be extremely large...David ran through the extremely large group of men undetected! David didnt say I did it...He said, "For by God!" Then, by my God, have I leaped over a wall...for David to write this, I am going to assume the wall was a bordering wall of great height and not some rocks that a farmer stacked up to 4 feet...are you with me on this! David leaped over a tall building...its a bird...its a plane...no it is super David!!! Ok, Got a little carried away there, but really God carried him over the wall!!! Who needs super hero's, when we have the Lord, Amen!!!


Two amazing feats, done by an ordinary man with an extra ordinary God...In chapter 22, David sings his songs to God for all that God has done. He sings, I will call on the Lord, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

Imagine, David must have witnessed and partook in the amazing supernatural works of God over 4,000 years ago (est). God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. What God did for David, He can do for us too!

David says, The Lord rewarded me according to my righteousness, that he kept the ways of the Lord, and he kept himself from iniquity. The Lord desires obedience, He promises to reward those who diligent seek Him. He makes it known He shares His glory with NO ONE...not even me...not even you. David was intentional to a point in his life to honor and follow God. David was a man after God's own heart, God loved David and because of his obedience HE blessed him.

Coming to see everything we are...everything we have...everything we do...is all the power and strength of God...we cannot take credit if we belong to HIM. We are his work and He will give us the power over all of our situations. We may not be running into a troop of men, or climbing over a wall that borders a city...but we may come up against some strong obstacles...nothing is to big, wide, or tall that God cannot take us through!!!

YOU ARE POSITIONED BY GOD AND HIGHLY FAVORED!!! GIVE GOD ALL THE GLORY...HE IS WORTHY OF OUR PRAISES!!!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Our Mission

Isa 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;


a non-profit organization for women.


Copyright Info

All of the written content herein belongs exclusively to Whole Heart Ministries, Inc. and may not be copied or reproduced without the express written consent of Whole Heart Ministries, Inc.

Come visit our website... www.wholeheartministry.org

Share Faith, Receive Grace, Experience Freedom

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP