Life Lesson: I am not my own....????

>> Thursday, May 27, 2010

How many times have we heard this, read it, even maybe studied it and still for me it hasnt sunk in?

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.


I am not my own, I am not my own.... I can say this and try to get it into my head of understanding but I must be honest and share I do not believe it has penetrated my heart. I feel so compelled to share what God has just revealed to me, in the hopes someone out there will connect and not feel alone. I believe way to often we do feel like we are the only ones and we get "stuck" if you will in it. Why do I float in and out of this?


Could it be because I like to think "I" can manipulate God and tell Him what I think... I am not my own.....


I do not get to tell God what a circumstance should look like, I am not my own.
I do not to get to tell God how people should act, respond, or treat me, I am not my own.
I do not get to tell God I dont think its fair to invest in others for them to turn on you, I am not my own.
I do not get to tell God no more I have had enough, I am not my own.
I do not get to tell God find someone else for the job, I am not my own.
I do not get to tell God I want to protect myself from hurts and being wounded, I am not my own.
I do not get to tell God what I want, when I want it, how I want it, I am not my own.
I do not get to tell God my will be done, I am not my own.


I am not my own, means I am bought with a price. Someone else owns me. I am at His disposal.


The verse is clear, I am the temple that houses the Living God's Holy Spirit. It has been given to me to direct me, guide me, establish me, and work me. I am to glorify God in my bodyand my spirit because they belong to God. Every time I do what I want I rebell against God. I quench the spirit.


My Spirit should resemble He who has taken up residence in me. More times than not I try to get the HOly Spirit to look like me.


I have recently gone through a challenge that had exhausted me and rather than allow God to work in and through me more time than not I got frustrated and felt the need to protect myself. I hate myself for it, cause I know the truth, I know I am not my own, but allowed "SELF" to rule my mind and battle my heart. I went from the spiritual to the physical, I took it personally which is self and did you know, I am not my own. ugggggg

What a sticky web we can get ourselves caught in. For if I stayed in the spiritual I would be obedient, but guilted by others who look through human lenses accusing I dont care or prideful or ignorant to hurting people (even those that weigh you down). Feeling my pain yet? Those looking at it from a spiritual perspective can identify the freedom to be obedient despite the cost.

Or I have falter in the human sphere in disobedience, I now suffer at the hands of those with human lenses say "Oh, look, see she isnt geniune, she isnt loving, she isnt patient, etc" and if they look through the spiritual lense, I'm in the flesh missing my blessings.

We are doomed if we do and doomed if we dont, however the only one the resembles being set free is the one that you hold your head up high with humility and obedience no matter what everyone chooses to see. Going through this battle you actually feel assaulted to the point you move to protect yourself. uggghhhh


I have repented to God and well, if I have seemed frustrated to anyone and appeared to protect "SELF" please forgive me. I have come to find through the revelation of the Holy Spirit that as I have allowed the enemy to wear me down that I have become defensive to anything looking like what has tired me so.

It boils down to the conditions of our hearts, my heart. I love women, people and pray for them I sometimes just like to avoid getting messy stuck in the drama.

Point to Ponder: everyone has an opinion, motive and agenda, everyone struggles with self, most people are dealing with great insecurities that we cannot battle for they are the demons of ones mind and only the Holy Spirit can set them free. All we can do is pray and realize most dont even realize they are in drama. So do not take it in personally because it really has nothing to do with me or you it has everything to do with their surrendering relationship to God. Its ok to step away and give God room. We have enough battles of our own, let us focus on examining ourselves before taking on the war of someone else's mind.


I praise God for the godly sisters HE has put in my life who ALWAYS first love Jesus, truth and righteousness more than me second love me for me without judgment, third for always pointing me to Jesus and the scriptures and praying with me. How freeing is that!!!

So basically, I am not my own. If I choose to live in the spiritual I will rise above untouched by the distractions, however if I choose to live in the human sphere I will be in the mud and allow self to make it personal. Thats where the emotions and feelings reside and I dont want to invite them over for tea, yano what I mean.

The moral of my life lesson is to be obedient to God and know that you know we are not our own. Stay in the spiritual realm that illuminates the love of Jesus.Be prepared: Mt 10:16 ¶ Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. Lord help me to utilize this verse and remember you art with me, and you have my back. We live among the judas of the world.

Let Grace, Mercy and Forgiveness reside with you and the Love of Jesus will pour out of you no matter what.

The best part of learning is that as we stumble and fall at the same things, it should be less and less difficult to get back up and tear it down!!!

Lord thank you for loving me, and providing mature spiritual support you have established for me and the constant teaching that i am not but I know "I am". Thank you for always revealing truth and for allowing me to witness your transformation power!!!! Jesus I adore you, love you and worship you!!!! Praise you for deliverance. Amen

1 comments:

Anonymous,  May 29, 2010 at 7:56 AM  

Amen. Now to put into practice in areas of my life I have held back from Christ... :)

Post a Comment

Our Mission

Isa 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;


a non-profit organization for women.


Copyright Info

All of the written content herein belongs exclusively to Whole Heart Ministries, Inc. and may not be copied or reproduced without the express written consent of Whole Heart Ministries, Inc.

Come visit our website... www.wholeheartministry.org

Share Faith, Receive Grace, Experience Freedom

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP