Do we have expectations?

>> Wednesday, June 13, 2012

GOOD MORNING!

Ps 62:5 My soul, waits only upon you O God; for my EXPECTATION is from him. He ONLY is my rock and my salvation: He is my defence; I shall not be moved!

Expectation...things hoped for...the outcome...

Notice David starts off talking to God..."O God my soul waits only upon you" and then he shifts as if he is talking to someone else by saying in the same sentence, "for my expectation is from him." Maybe he is reminding himself...my expectation is from God and God alone.?

Waiting is probably one of the hardest things we struggle with, would you agree!? Many of us, we have had to wait for jobs, homes, the right one to come along, to have babies, to be healed, for conflicts to be resolved, the list goes on and on and on, Amen!

Would we acknowledge that we struggle mostly because we EXPECT our wishes to come true and put our trust in men or our circumstances? We hope someone will fulfill....we expect our outcome to be the way we want it, rather than the way God desires it.

How about this, have we not expected the trials of "others" to turn out the way we "think" it should have and we judge others because it doesn't look right to us!? The reality of a fallen world! Who are we to expect "others" to have outcomes when we cannot even expect our own outcomes to happen the way we like them? Oh my, how we can entangle ourselves in a mess of our own hearts!

Are we anxious? Worrying? Manipulating? Striving to see it happen? Have we judged others, because we think they should be doing it differently? We sin in disobedience if we are. Waiting applys for all of us no matter what side of the situation we sit on, amen!

For my expectation is from him, He only is my rock and salvation and  my defence...I SHALL NOT BE MOVED!

May we all be like David and understand the desperation we must have for God to see the outcome to all of our life's circumstances.

Today, many of us have loose ends...waiting to hear an answer for something...
Can I be real with you? Is your soul, in the center of your being relying on yourself, others, or wishing you will get what you want, when you want it, how you want it? I have been there, expecting my outcome to be what I would like. Or, is your soul, in the center of your being truly trusting and waiting upon God, wanting what He wants and desires for us, knowing He alone is able to bring such things to pass for us?

Our attitudes will display whether we are centered in the right position as we wait out our expectations. David says, "regardless of what it is I am expecting from God alone, I WILL NOT BE MOVED!" WHY!? Because He knows God has His back! May we all come to find such trust and confidence in our God that rules the universe...that rules our hearts!

The waiting game is something most of hate while in it, yet in the end, don't we usually look back only to find that all the connecting dots that lead to our outcome have God's fingerprints on it anyway!

YOU ARE POSITIONED BY GOD AND HIGHLY FAVORED!!!!

With much love for the brethren!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Our Mission

Isa 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;


a non-profit organization for women.


Copyright Info

All of the written content herein belongs exclusively to Whole Heart Ministries, Inc. and may not be copied or reproduced without the express written consent of Whole Heart Ministries, Inc.

Come visit our website... www.wholeheartministry.org

Share Faith, Receive Grace, Experience Freedom

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP